Two people, a driver and passenger exited their car after “smelling something,” and realizing something was wrong.
According to Fire Chief Charlie Gagel, they pulled over on Orange Center Road (in the area of Lincoln Road) and the two got out of the car, then discovered something was burning in the glove box area.
Firefighters arrived within minutes and the car was fully engulfed.
The flames were extinguished and all that remained was the charred metal of the vehicle, tires melted, paint burned off.
Thank goodness no one was hurt.