For years we’ve heard about how disgusting an innocent looking kitchen sponge can be, studies show it is one of the most germ infested items in your home.
Use different sponges for different chores, such as: use a blue sponge for cleaning counters, pink for the stove or inside your microwave, yellow for dishes, so you don’t pick bacteria up from one surface and pass it on to another.
Bacteria thrives in the damp crevices of a sponge, but is there anything you can do to make it safer?
To cut contamination, put your sponge in a bowl in an inch of water and microwave it on high heat for one minute every day. When it’s cool enough squeeze it out and place where it can dry off completely.
Protect yourself and your family by making this simple task a regular routine.