• Police Chief Robert Gagne requested the board’s approval for bonding of a HVAC upgrade project for $395,057, not to exceed $411,000 (including engineering fees)
Controlled Air of Branford, was the low bidder to do the job, which was approved by the bond oversight committee.
The work would include exhaust fans and heat in the shooting range.
The police department hopes to have the work done in the fall when the temperature is more pleasant.
— The board unanimously approved the project.
— unanimously approved
• This month’s tax refunds for certain residents
• The Rotary Club requested permission to hang a banner for their annual Lobster Fest on Aug 9
— the board approved hanging a banner over Orange Center Road from Aug. 4 to Aug. 9 and on the fence the week prior.
• Roofing projects for Turkey Hill and Race Brook Schools will be voted on at a special meeting Thursday, July 10, after the Bond Committee makes a recommendation.
• Work at High Plains Community Center will take a while to begin, but it is still scheduled to be done.
•The Town of Orange sold $8 million + in bonds at a very good rate, which had previously been approved by taxpayers.