Following is what was discussed:
1. Review of the Minutes from the January 5, 2016 meeting.
2. SITE PLAN APPLICATION – For property known as 339 Boston Post Road. Owned by Connecticut Center For Child Development, Inc. The proposal is to renovate the existing building to operate a school facility dedicated to children with autism. Pre-school through age 21. A SIGN APPLICATION has also been submitted.
Applicant came well prepared. It met all requirements including parking area.
Will have up to 60 students.
A playscape will go in a fenced in area in the rear.
3. Old Business.
No changes at the Buttonball property (currently no violations)
4. New Business.
Board of Selectmen approved the Commission’s request for funding for the TODD Revisions.
5. Report of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
-Review of Zoning Activities Log.
Has been working on getting department signatures for revision documents.
6. Discussion regarding possible review and revisions to the TODD zoning regulations.
Since it was approved by the BOS it will now go to the Board of Finance.
7. 8-24 Referral Municipal Improvements – Request from Town of Orange/Public works for the re-construction of Derby Milford Road. To include reconstruction, widening, realignment, and storm drainage. Funded by CT DOT.
$2 mil project paid for by the state to widen Derby Milford Road from Cranberry Lane and up.
Commissioner Paul Kaplan said it Includes a installation of a 12″ water main.
PUBLIC HEARINGS *(1)
*8. SPECIAL PERMIT – Application for the conversion of a single family dwelling to accommodate an elderly apartment. For property known as 329 Laurelwood Road. Submitted by property owner Marc Alvarez. To create an elderly apartment.
Met all regulations.