They have a short agenda this week, but it includes a controversial affordable housing proposal.
Following is the agenda:
- Review of the Minutes from the February 21, 2017 meeting.
- Required review as per Section 8-24, Municipal Improvements of the CT General Statutes. Request to abandon a portion of Indian River Road adjacent to 273 Indian River Road.
- Old Business.
- New Business.
- Report of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
-Review of Zoning Activities Log.
- T.P.Z.C. Representation on the South Central Regional Council of Governments.
PUBLIC HEARINGS *(1)
- APPLICATION FOR MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT WITH AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS AS PER 8-30G OF THE CT GENERAL STATUTES – Submitted by Sixty Five Marsh Hill Road, LLC for property known as 65-69 Marsh Hill Road and 0 & 15 Salemme Lane. The mixed use development has underground parking, commercial and residential components. Sixty apartments are proposed. There will be 18 Affordable Units. A SITE PLAN APPLICATION has been submitted. (Continued from the February 21, 2017 meeting.)
This is a controversial proposal because there is disagreement whether or not it is ok to submit/pursue affordable housing in this zone. It would be part of the TODD (train station) overlay but it IS a separate project.