Connex Credit Union, which has a branch at 212 Boston Post Road, Orange, is accepting applications from ambitious communications, marketing or public relations students for the eighth year of its highly-regarded Vice President (VP) of Unbanking paid internship program. This unique marketing opportunity offers relevant, professional business experience as an ambassador for the dynamic marketing department of one of Connecticut’s largest credit unions. Any enthusiastic sophomore, junior or senior seeking a real-world internship unlike any other is eligible to apply.
The primary function of this position is to assist Connex in adhering to its mission statement, “Improving the lives of our members, one member at a time.” The VP of Unbanking Program runs from Sept. 2017 through Apr. 2018 and requires a minimum of 15 hours of availability each week. Potential for a summer 2017 start date is available for those interested.
Key responsibilities of the VP of Unbanking include:
- Developing social media programs and content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and blogging (video editing skills are a plus)
- Participating in every aspect of a working marketing department including mailings, data entry and other duties as assigned
- Willingness to think outside the box and develop the position into your own by generating creative ideas and thinking strategically
- Tracking and analyzing results on all internship driven projects
- Having schedule flexibility. Hours will be primarily during the normal business hours; however, candidate should be available for occasional evening and weekend events.
All applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office, as well as a variety of social media platforms. Further discussion of compensation and hours will occur during interviews.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and any other appropriate materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Roquita Johnson, Connex Credit Union, P.O. Box 477, North Haven, CT 06473 by April 30, 2017.