As many know, two Woodbridge Volunteer Firefighters were hospitalized after breathing in smoke and carbon monoxide in the dark, smoky downstairs maze of the Jewish Community Center in Woodbridge on Monday.
The first firefighter was treated and released within hours, but the second remained in the hospital, where he was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in a hyper bariatric chamber.
He’s “had enough” and is anxious to get out of the hospital and back home. His wish came true on Wednesday evening.
The tri-town volunteer fire departments are the backbone of the Amity community, and make themselves available 365, 24/7.
They all are highly trained and “as skilled” and professional as any paid firefighter.
The belly of the JCC was pitch black and heavy with smoke and CO, the firefighters all did what they were trained to do and in the end, you can say this was a successful call — no civilians were injured and the building was saved.
When you see one of these men or women, don’t forget to say “Thank You.”
We wish this firefighter all the best, and we are happy that you are out of the hospital.