Below are some measures to help decrease your risk of getting the flu and other viral/bacterial illnesses:
- Washing hands frequently and correctly with soap and warm water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Hand sanitizer should be used when soap and water are not immediately available.
- Cover your mouth with the crook of your elbow when you cough or sneeze. If a tissue is used you should dispose of it and wash your hands.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth as germs often spread this way.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- If you get sick, limit contact with others to avoid infecting them.