The Orange Town Plan and Zoning Commission Meeting took place at Town Hall on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 7:30 p.m.
Following are notes from that meeting:
1. SITE PLAN APPLICATION. Submitted by property owner Bull Hill Lane Associates. For property known as 260 Bull Hill Lane. (the former Builder’s Square) To create an “Urban Air” Commercial Amusement Center with activities including trampolines, bowling, electric go karts, Laser tag, and rope lines.
The business would employ about 75 people and activities would be supervised, as the participants are expected to be children ages 5-15.
The Commission expressed concerns with the condition of the parking lot, landscaping issues, signage, and lighting.
The applicant agreed to patch and stripe the parking lot and to submit a landscaping plan by the Jan. 2 TPZ meeting.
The application goes before the Police Commission on Monday, Dec. 11.
The discussion will continue at Jan. 2 meeting.
2. Review of the Minutes from the October 23, 2017, Special Meeting and the November 8, 2017, Meeting.
3. Old Business.
4. New Business.
5. Report of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
PUBLIC HEARINGS 8:00 p.m.
6. *PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING REGULATIONS. Submitted for Senior Living Advisors, LLC for property owner Indian River Road LLC. To amend and edit Section 383-14 regarding the definition of Elderly
Assisted Living Residential Facility. To amend Section 383-14 to add a definition for Dwelling Unit, Senior Independent Living. To Amend the Orange Zoning Regulations to create a Senior Mixed Use District.
The well thought out proposal is in keeping with the plan of conservation and development and is an appropriate area for such a development but opens the door for residential developers to also come in and request zone changes in “light industrial 2” areas.
Resident George Findley (the same G.F. who vehemently opposed Stew Leonard’s) to speak against the proposal.
7. *PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING MAP. Submitted for Senior Living Advisors, LLC for property owner Indian River Road LLC. To amend the Orange Zoning Map to change property known as 231 Indian River Road – Lot 2 from Light Industrial LI-2 to Senior Mixed Use District.
8. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE PLAN OF CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT – Upon the initiative of the Orange Town Plan and Zoning Commission. To amend the Orange Plan of Conservation and Development
regarding Transit Oriented Development in the Town of Orange. (The Public hearing on this matter was closed at the November 21, 2017, Meeting.)
9. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING REGULATIONS – Submitted upon the initiative of the Orange Town Plan & Zoning Commission. To amend Article XXIV – Transit Oriented Development District of the Orange
Zoning Regulations. (The Public hearing on this matter was closed at the November 21, 2017, Meeting.)