- The Orange Business and Community Expo took place at High Plains Community Center on Wednesday, June 14.
The Milford PD will pass off the torch at the Orange Town Line on the Boston Post Road at the Raymour and Flanagan outlet store.
Orange Runs up to the West Haven Town Line just past the Guitar Center.
Joining the Orange PD will be Denise Stein and Dennis Marsh from the Orange Senior Services Department. Come out and cheer them on!
Although speed trailers are nothing new in Orange, there’s something different about this one.
For years Orange has shared a trailer with Woodbridge and Bethany and it was placed in each town on a rotating basis.
This trailer was a donation from Dichello Distributors — it belongs solely to Orange and has been in operation for one week.
At Monday’s Police Commission meeting, Chief Robert Gagne called it a great piece of equipment. The Police Department can program messages on it. For example, if you are going the speed limit you will see something like “Thanks For Driving Safely” on the screen as you pass by.
• Vehicles should not be parked on Public streets, even if not prohibited to do so. Keeping streets clear of parked vehicles will expedite road clearing.
• Do not leave snow piles in the road when clearing driveways. This makes for a dangerous hazard for vehicles on the roadways.
• Adjust your speed for bad weather. Vehicles can slide on slippery surfaces. Always slow down on snow covered roads and increase following distances between your car and others on the roadway. Remember, your 4 wheel drive car or truck wont stop any quicker than others on the roadway.
• Avoid unnecessary travel during snow events.
Your Highway Department will be out clearing streets as soon as the storm hits.