At tonight’s (Monday, Aug. 19) Orange Board of Education meeting Supt. Lynn McMullin announced the following:
• There is a new playground at Turkey Hill School, a bright, safe play area with 12-18″ of mulch to cushion the ground for students.
• When you walk into Peck Place School you will notice that carpet and old tile has been removed and new tile has been installed.
• Also at Peck Place School two drains between the pods have been cleaned out and new drain pipes installed.
• Badge readers (photo) have been installed outside of all schools. Badge readers are replacing keys and the technology will make it possible to monitor what staff members are in the building when they left, etc.
• Firearms in schools policy will now include a ban on facsimile firearms as well. Fake or toy guns will not be allowed in any of the Orange schools.
• Supt. McMullin, this year will follow each principal around for 2 days and evaluate them.