St. Joseph High School is seeking a highly motivated and inspiring Band and Choral teacher, with the drive to continue to build upon a strong music curriculum in the current challenging educational environment.
- Instruct music courses and clubs that may include but are not limited to Band, Honors Band, Choir, Honors Choir, Steel Drum/Percussion, Jazz Band, and Musical Pit Orchestra (as well as teaching vocals to musical cast)
- Collaborate with Performing Arts staff to showcase student work at two annual concerts and a spring musical
- Successfully model instruction and implement differentiated instructional strategies that accelerate the skills and knowledge of the students.
- Demonstrate expertise in virtual learning and the ability to support students with virtual learning tools and technologies
- Ability to use existing technologies as well as a desire to continually improve skills and to learn new technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of assessment and diagnostic strategies in the arts
- Prepare effective lesson plans, units of study, curriculum maps and articulate clear expectations to student learners
- Create a welcoming space for students to explore their creative side and feel safe.
- Promote positive self-concept in each student; provide encouragement to each student to develop his or her full potential.
- Understand social and emotional adjustments of students.
- Promote student awareness and respect for different cultures.
- Promote performance etiquette and professionalism in the music classroom.
- Maintain records of individual students’ progress through a variety of appropriate assessments. Provide feedback throughout the process.
- Maintain accurate student attendance and tardiness records, as well as a wide range of grades with consistent posting throughout the year
- Work in the interest of the students’ physical and emotional welfare to embrace a growth mindset.
- Accept and incorporate suggestions for classroom improvement.
- Participate in professional growth by attending workshops, taking courses, reading new literature, observing other teachers, attending in-service training meetings, reviewing computer programs, and offering in-service to staff.
- Keep an inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies and work with the department chair to order necessary materials for the classroom.
- Maintain contact with parents, counseling personnel as needed to evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Take the initiative to work collaboratively with other school departments; share ideas with faculty members and administration.
- Participate as appropriate in school-community public relations and successfully build community partnerships.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of people, including students, their parents, and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Vocal, Instrumental, or otherwise) – preferred Music Education
- Proficient in balancing multiple duties and responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem solving
- Preferred performance experience within the past 5 years
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in a classroom setting
- Ability to think creatively to continue to build a larger and more diverse music program and overall Fine Arts program
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org