May 172021

Orange Volunteer Firefighters responded to a fire call at Homewood Suites at 99 Marsh Hill Road, around 5 p.m. on Friday, May 14.

According to Fire Marshal Jamie Vincent, the fire was accidental, caused by improperly discarded smoking materials in the decorative landscaping. The fire burned up against the building that got behind the stone finish and ignited the plywood and structural members.

“The fire was limited to the first-floor wall, but smoke and carbon monoxide were present throughout the building,” Vincent said. “Once the building was ventilated and the fire protection systems were restored, the employees and occupants were permitted to return inside.”


Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.