Quantcast

A Perfect Reason To Be Careful Where You Discard Smoking Materials

 Around Town, Home, Latest News, Police & Fire  Comments Off on A Perfect Reason To Be Careful Where You Discard Smoking Materials
May 172021
 

Orange Volunteer Firefighters responded to a fire call at Homewood Suites at 99 Marsh Hill Road, around 5 p.m. on Friday, May 14.

According to Fire Marshal Jamie Vincent, the fire was accidental, caused by improperly discarded smoking materials in the decorative landscaping. The fire burned up against the building that got behind the stone finish and ignited the plywood and structural members.

“The fire was limited to the first-floor wall, but smoke and carbon monoxide were present throughout the building,” Vincent said. “Once the building was ventilated and the fire protection systems were restored, the employees and occupants were permitted to return inside.”

 

8:30 p.m. Fire Dept Called To H&R Block For Natural Gas Odor

 Around Town, Home, Latest News, Police & Fire, Today's Events  Comments Off on 8:30 p.m. Fire Dept Called To H&R Block For Natural Gas Odor
Jan 302020
 

H&R Block at 116 Boston Post Road, Orange has been evacuated after the strong odor of natural gas was detected inside the building around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30.

Employees reported that the furnace had recently been serviced.