The Case Memorial Library staff would like to extend a sincere thanks to all our patrons for your patience and understanding during this period where the library has been open for limited hours and services. We
Libraries across the state have been dealing with several challenges due to the pandemic. During this time, the library staff has been working behind closed doors to provide and arrange a full slate of virtual events, performances, and more. Staff also developed programs on our YouTube channel and created regular storytime videos, crafts, and recommendations for books along with Zoom book discussions, author talks, and so much more.
For the summer we will continue to create virtual events and programs along with our Summer Reading programs for all ages.
The Case Memorial Library is planning to restore its full hours of operation on June 7th, 2021. We are still planning to observe the wearing of masks, social distancing, and barriers.
Here’s what’s happened recently:
Sunday, May 16th – Outdoor programs began, utilize PPE, distancing and safety protocols must be followed. Zoom programs will also continue.
Monday, May 24th – The library will no longer quarantine materials upon return.
Schedule On Reopening
Monday, June 7th – Regular hours of the library will be restored.
- Mon. & Thu. 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Tue., Wed., Fri., Sat. 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday July 2nd, – Curbside service will end. Tuesday, July 6th – Fine collection will resume. Safety Procedures
The Case Memorial Library has instituted a variety of safety precautions and procedures in order to keep staff and patrons as safe as possible.
- Programs and events will be held virtually or outdoors until further notice
- Masks are required to be worn by all for curbside pickup and inside the building
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate the challenges of COVID-19. The health and safety of our staff and patrons remain our top priority as we take the next step in reopening to our full schedule.
All Case Memorial Library patrons must continue to follow best practices for COVID-19 health and safety which include masking, social distancing, safety barriers, and frequent cleaning. We continue to ask that all library staff and patrons, age two and older, wear masks or other approved face coverings inside the library building. This measure is in place for both vaccinated and unvaccinated members. Anyone who isunable to wear a mask should contact the library to discuss alternative service options.
- Patrons and staff should regularly use hand sanitizer and/or wash hands, clean shared equipment and surfaces between each use
- Sanitizing wipes will be located next to every public-use computer for patrons to wipe keyboard and mouse
- The library will have all commonly used surfaces sanitized daily
- Social distancing will be the norm inside the library and for both curbside pickup and item drop off
We hope to see everyone in the library soon!