The Town Plan & Zoning Commission meets at Town Hall, Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Following is the Agenda:
Request by Kathleen Conroy Cass, potential purchaser of 361 Derby Avenue (formerly the Enchanted Gardens and Ponds) to discuss a letter issued by Zoning Enforcement Officer Paul Dinice, dated December 16, 2015.
2. Review of the Minutes from the November 4, 2015 meeting.
3. Old Business.
4. New Business.
5. Report of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
-Review of Zoning Activities Log.
-Request for release of Bond University of New Haven 584 Derby Milford Road.
-Request for release of Bond – 34 Prindle Hill Road.
6. Request for modification of Site Plan/Building Architecture, Ravenswood/Oakwood Development LLC – 100 South Orange Center Road.
7. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING REGULATIONS. Submitted by Orange Land Development LLC. To amend Article XXIV Transit Oriented Development District Regulations. (The Public Hearing on this matter was closed on December 1, 2015.) Discussion and possible vote on this petition.
8. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING MAP. Submitted by Orange Land Development LLC. To change the zoning designation of the subject property from LI-2/TODD Overlay to TODD. The submission includes a “concept plan” as required by the Orange Zoning Regulations. The subject property is an 8.091-acre site located beyond the eastern end of Salemme Lane.
It is bordered by Dichello Distributors to the south; CTDOT Railroad right-of-way to the east; Yale University West Campus to the north; and Salemme Lane/Town of Orange, N/F Salemme-Riccio, and N/F Sixty Five Marsh Hill Road, LLC to the west. The parcel is currently undeveloped.
The subject property is shown as “0 Marsh Hill Road,” containing 8.091 acres, on Map #2369 on file at the Orange Town Clerk’s office, and is designated by the Orange Assessor as Map/Block/Lot 3-1-1. The Public Hearing on this matter was closed on December 1, 2015.
(The Public Hearing on this matter was closed on December 1, 2015.) Discussion and possible vote on this petition.
9. 8-24 Referral Municipal Improvements – Request to abandon road dedication and construction agreement for a “paper road” located on property known as 260 Bull Hill Lane. Owned now or formerly by NCC Orange/CT Association LLC.
PUBLIC HEARINGS *(3 )
*10. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING REGULATIONS. Submitted by Roeco, LLC, a New York limited liability company. To amend the Orange Zoning Regulations to create “Town Center District” (TCD) regulations.
“The purpose of the Town Center District (TCD) is to permit and encourage a Town Center atmosphere with vibrant, mixed-use development that allows people to live, work, and shop in close proximity. Through retail, office and multi-family use, the TCD is a lively, pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use area with an environment of inviting public space, walkable streets, and meaningful architecture.”
*11. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING MAP. Submitted by Roeco, LLC, a New York limited liability company. To amend the Orange Zoning Map to change property known as 35 Old Tavern Road & 308 Racebrook Road (a.k.a. Firelite Shopping Center) from Local Shopping Center District (LSC) to Town Center District (TCD).
*12. PETITION TO AMEND THE ORANGE ZONING REGULATIONS – REVISIONS TO THE ORANGE PARKING REGULATIONS. Submitted upon the initiative of the Orange Town Plan & Zoning Commission.
Proposed amendments include “change of use” exemption; location of parking spaces; joint parking spaces; number of spaces required; parking reduction; loading space reduction; trees & shrubs within parking areas; and access management.