Congregation Or Shalom
Following is a message from Congregation Or Shalom:
Please note: Until further notice “In-Person” Services and Events at Congregation Or Shalom ARE SUSPENDED. Effective Sunday, March 15, at noon. please read the following.
This interim update and protocol is being provided based on what is currently known about the COVID-19 coronavirus and the most recent recommendations from the CDC, State of Connecticut and local health departments. We will update this interim guidance as needed and as additional information becomes available. We need to take these measures to keep our synagogue community virus free, in light of the most current protocols regarding COVID-19.
• Due to the increasing risk associated with contact with the coronavirus linked to COVID-19, all synagogue religious services, meetings, and events will be suspended indefinitely effective Sunday noon, 3/15/2020. This includes gatherings such as bible study, “coffee & learn”, afternoon mahjong, Zumba classes, etc.
• Board and committee meetings will take place via video-teleconferencing (“Zoom”).
• The synagogue office will be staffed but access to the building will be highly restricted. Only entry deemed absolutely essential, e.g., building maintenance calls, will be allowed.
• Religious services may be live-streamed from the following sites.
• Funerals will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
• B’nai mitzvah celebrations will be handled on a case-by-case basis consistent with the family’s wishes.
Statement from Abel Caterers:
We understand that these are uncertain times and we are all experiencing challenges associated with COVID-19. On a recent trip to the grocery store, I saw first-hand the empty shelves and anxious faces of people shopping for their families. I realized that we were in the position to help ease some of the stress of trying to shop and prepare food to feed your family. Starting Tuesday, we will offer take-out dinners for 4 people that can be picked up in Woodbridge, or delivered to you.
Please find the attached menu to begin on Tuesday, March 17. Although there are no substitutions, if there is something specific you need or would like to see us add to the menu, please feel free to reach out to us.
Abel Caterers has serviced this community for 48 years and we plan to continue working hard to be there for our customers and community. Our commitment goes beyond simply operating a business, we will be there for you through the joyful and difficult times. Please check Or Shalom website on Monday for menu